Dude. It’s finished. One less thing to worry about on the ole’ “pre-baby checklist.” The nursery is kindof a biggie on that list, now that I think about it…
Now that it’s finished I can say with certainty that it turned out much different than I expected (as does nearly EVERY decorating/styling project I set out on). More neutral (shocker!) and less of the overtly “beachy,” but it is magical, nonetheless. So fun how created things like this always take a turn towards your “style,” no matter how hard you try to stick to a different plan! Take a look at the original Nursery Plans, if you don’t believe me!
A few things:
- How bright and fresh is the use of copper in a space?? I’ve never actually worked with that specific metal (I’m a gold, girl on most occasions) but wow. Paired with the white and differing shades of blue, the copper and bronze have a special POP to them!
- When you have a specific item in mind and you search for months without finding a store that produces it… just make it yourself. Its almost always worth it. Promise! That hanging bracket light was a beast to make, but it turned out even better than I imagined! I’ll share a tutorial on that soon.
- You might have noticed that the changing table isn’t quite complete… We are still debating between the Keekaroo Peanut Changer, or a “regular,” foam changing pad with cover. The struggle is real.
- The natural light in this room is IN.CRE.DI.BLE. but actually photographing this room and all it’s incredible lighting was a smidge challenging. Photographer’s error? I mean, ya. Probably! I just wish it translated better into the photos, for y’all.
- Sources? Okay. If you insist!
Crib / Crib Sheet / Mobile / Shark Tooth Print / Curtains (pom-pom trim added by me) / Light (DIY, tutorial to come) / Dresser (vintage, from Colt’s childhood) / Floating Shelves (copper edge added by me) / Sophie Giraffe toy / Candle with wooden lid / Bunny Stuffed Animal / Leather Baby Moccasins / Geometric planter / Wooden “B” / Rocker/Glider (vintage) / Sheepskin / Little stuffed Lamb / Indigo Lumbar Pillow (white pillowcase purchased HERE, dyed by me) / Side table / Marble-look candle / Large Surfer Print (similar HERE) / Navy and natural seagrass basket (Homegoods) / Brown Bear / Floating book racks / “Copper seashell” cake tin (thrifted)
That about does it for today. Happy Saturday, all!